Re: can Curl use socket() created by application?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 14:53:15 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 19 Aug 2011, amit paliwal wrote:

> In this case, will I be able to send an HTTP POST and get its reply...

"this" ? I assume you refer to the quoted text you put way below your text?
Top-posting is deeply confusing you know...

> I did not find any sample example to use this options, I need to use them in
> my HTTP application. I hope this will work for HTTP.

I don't think we have any example using them, but feel free to write up one or
two and provide some and we can proof-read them and make sure you understood
the concepts.

They are also documented quite clearly and detailed.

> When we use CONNECT_ONLY option, after doing some transfer by
> curl_easy_send() and curl_easy_recv(), is it possible to use
> curl_easy_perform() to send HTTP POST message.

No, not on the same connection. CONNECT_ONLY is a one way street and once
you've taken the socket there's no way to return it to libcurl.