Re: Problem with NTLM_SSO and signals

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 16:25:52 +0200

2011/8/26 Dan Fandrich wrote:

> libcurl calls 'fork' and 'waitpid' in only one case: to run the helper app
> in the newly-added NTLM_SSO authentication method. [...]
> [...]
> It would be nice to have a solution for this before the next libcurl
> release, since that will be the first one with NTLM_SSO support. But, if
> not, these issues should at least be documented so application writers can
> be aware.

Now that the dust has settled after all the NTLM code moving...

Dan, do you have some spare time to make existing implementation more
signal safe/friendly? (Affected code located now in curl_ntlm_wb.c)

I wonder if we shouldn't be using directly winbind daemon's pipes and
skip ntlm_auth altogether, this would also imply changes to
test-harness fake_ntlm.c to convert it into a proper daemon. Just an
idea.

If no time will be available to properly fix this, shouldn't configure
option for this NTLM authentication delegation to winbind using
auth_ntlm helper default setting be changed to 'disabled' contrary to
current setting which is 'enabled'? At least, no one would get
surprised due to this feature.

--
-=[Yang]=-