RE: "High Performance Libcurl Tips"

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 22:56:46 +0100

Hi Daniel,

I know I'm still relatively new to libcurl but I thought I would read the
article to see if I could give any useful input and see if there was
anything Windows specific that I could help with.

> Issue 4 sounds like a c-ares bug, although I've not had
> it reported and on Linux I cannot quite see how it
> would happen (the post doesn't say what platform
> they're using).

From the wording in the article I got the feeling that they were using a
Linux based platform which is confirmed in the second to last paragraph:

"Keep in mind that this advice comes only from our particular environment
(Ubuntu 9.10, libcurl 7.21.3, c-ares 1.7.4), and that it may become less
relevant over time. As always, you should experiment and stress test to find
what works best for your particular use case"

Referring back to my opening sentence... it doesn't look like I can be any
more help then this - sorry :(

KR

Steve