Re: Pre-built libraries for Windows

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2011 04:44:47 +0200

Hi,
Am 31.08.2011 11:11, schrieb Gisle Vanem:
> "Vincent Torri" <vincent.torri_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> http://curl.haxx.se/docs/faq.html#Link_errors_when_building_libcur
>>

>> in that doc, it is said that the import lib with mingw is "libcurldll.a".
>> When I build libcurl myself it is (as usual with mingw and the autotools)
>> "libcurl.dll.a".
>
> I agree it should be "libcurl.dll.a". Googling for
> "libcurldll.a" site:curl.haxx.se (52 hits)
> versus
> "libcurl.dll.a" site:curl.haxx.se (383 hits)
>
> indicates to me a typo once sneaked in.
nope - in fact if you build with the static *.m32 makefiles then you get
indeed a libcurldll.a, and this was even before I started to hack on
these makefiles ...
maybe now when we do a major release its a good time to change this, and
sync with what is usual, and what is automatically used when you use
MSYS/MinGW.
If nobody objects I will fix this asap.

Gün.