Curl on Eclipse Indigo - GCC C++ Compiler versus GCC C++ Linker

From: Demetrio Car <demetrio.pepi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 10:35:01 -0300

Why, in Eclipse Indigo, do I have to include -lcurl in Miscellaneous
property?
In Eclipse Indigo, I surf to Properties>>C/C++ Build>>Settings>>GCC C++
Linker >> Miscellaneous >> Other Options (-Xlinker [option]), and I typed
-lcurl? I am new in C++ and I have used Eclipse only for Java until one
month ago. I spent long hours to start using Boost and now I spent more time
to start using Curl. And soon I will need to use log4cpp and some more
libraries. I was just trying to do a simple example. Now I am able to
include both libraries but I have no idea what I have done. I just followed
some suggestions but it took me long hours trying other suggestions before,
even from official site.
It would be nice if I understood how to add some libraries without lost
hours. About Boost, I did a very different way. I surfed Properties>>C/C++
Build>>Settings>>GCC C++ Compiler >> Includes and I wrote
/usr/local/boost_1_47_0/ and, later, /usr/local/curl-7.21.7/. I noted that,
after this, I could hold control key and clicked on variable type that
Eclipse would be guide to proper file.h from boost or curl. But I only get
the build code after I surfed Properties>>C/C++ Build>>Settings>>GCC C++
Linker >> Libraries and I wrote on Libraries (-l) boost_system and
boost_filesystem and, on Library Search Path (-L) I wrote
/usr/local/boost_1_47_0/libs. Why I put -lcurl on Miscellaneous but, about
boost, I put boost_system and boost_filesystem on Libraries? I tried follow
similar way to curl as I did for boost, but it doens't work.

Thanks in advance,
Demetrio