Re: libcurl and https problem

From: Daan Try <daan.try_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2011 12:39:03 +0200

On 01-Sep-11 22:41, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Sep 2011, Daan Try wrote:
>
>> I have an issue that appeared with my program using libcurl after the
>> Apache webserver of my provider was upgraded. My program uses libcurl
>> to post some data to a website using https. This always worked
>> flawlessly but now I get the following error in the Apache error log:
>>
>> SSL Library Error: 336068931 error:14080143:SSL
>> routines:SSL3_ACCEPT:unsafe legacy renegotiation disabled
>
> Using OpenSSL? What OpenSSL version is this and do you happen to know
> what drives the SSL layer in this particular server end?
OpenSSL on the client side is OpenSSL v0.9.8k

>> If I request the same page using the curl command line, the issue
>> does not appear and it works flawlessly.

If I use the curl executable it works flawlessly. When I use the
--libcurl command line option on curl and compile and link the resulting
c file, the resulting executable causes the same issues as my program. I
must be missing something here. The libraries used for compiling the
Ubuntu 10.04 standard curl program are exactly these that are installed
on my system.

$ curl --version
curl 7.19.7 (i486-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.19.7 OpenSSL/0.9.8k
zlib/1.2.3.3 libidn/1.15
Protocols: tftp ftp telnet dict ldap ldaps http file https ftps
Features: GSS-Negotiate IDN IPv6 Largefile NTLM SSL libz

Is there a commandline so I can discover how libcurl was compiled and
linked?

$ curl-config --static-libs
/usr/lib/libcurl.a -lidn -llber -lldap -lrt -lgssapi_krb5 -lgssapi_krb5
-lz -lgnutls -lgcrypt

~$ curl-config --features
SSL
IPv6
libz
IDN
NTLM

I am so puzzled by this behavior. Can anybody shed some more light on this?