Re: Countdown started

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 18:44:39 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 12 Sep 2011, Yang Tse wrote:

> Dan's comment http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2011-08/0334.html triggered my
> reply http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2011-08/0360.html
>
> And the question remains... Shouldn't configure option for this NTLM
> authentication delegation to winbind using auth_ntlm helper default setting
> be changed to 'disabled' contrary to current setting which is 'enabled'
> before release?

As nobody has voiced any opinion about it, I think we just let it be as it is
and see how it goes. After all it is a brand new feature and as such it can't
be expected to be perfectly polished at once. If you feel strongly about it,
then by all means go ahead and reverse the default configure selection of it.

> autoconf 2.67 and 2.68 have very serious problems with macros AS_TR_*. We
> have now avoided direct usage of these in our autoconf source files which
> generate configure script. But autoconf's and libtool usage of its own
> AS_TR_* macros will generate 'funny' configure scripts. I would love to
> forbid usage of 2.67 and 2.68 in our buildconf script.

Debian still ships autoconf 2.68 and as my primary dev box ares Debian
machines, that would be awkward for me.

Of course I could switch back to an older version for the release builds at
least.

> PS: I thought release date was 09-16

If we need to, we can easily push the date forward to make sure we get
everything done that we want - but as a general rule I like to ship what we
have a a particular time and then continue working on stuff for the next
release instead of working hard to get a certain amount of things done before
a particular release.