Re: Getting AccessViolationException: attempted to read/write protected memory

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 08:14:17 -0700

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 12:11:51PM +0400, chaitanya sonavale wrote:
> I am getting "attempted to read/write protected memory" while doing multiple
> upload/download from my C# application. All projects are built targeted to .Net
> framework 3.5 and platform target as x86. I am also using LibCurlNet and
> LibCurlShim to send data to libcurl.

It sounds like this error is some kind of .NET security feature within the
interface between the virtual machine and native code. Is it possible for
managed code (e.g. your app) to generate this error message on its own? If
not, then it has to be generated due to a problem within the curl C# binding.
Since that binding is unrelated to the curl project, you'll have find the
appropriate forum to report bugs in it.

>>> Dan