multiple uploads to a ftp server

From: vineeth <nvineeth_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 19:47:09 +0530

Hi,

  I need some clarifications on multiple uploads to an ftp server.

  Case 1:

  - Create several easy handles (and for each easy handle I specify the file
to upload, along with the username, pwd etc.,).

  - Add all the easy handles to a multi handle so that I can do a
multi-perform.

  - Do a multi-perform in a single thread.

Case 2:

  - Create several easy handles for each file to upload.

  - spawn a thread for each upload

  - Do a easy_perform in each spawned thread.

  (I am limiting the number of parallel uploads to max: 3 or 4, since each
server has max allowed limit on parallel connections)

  Now, my question is: I believe that case-1 will not make full utilization
of the bandwidth and case-2 will be faster. Can others pls share their views
on the two approaches and which is the better one. Any pointers will be
appreciated.

Thanks.

--Vineeth