Re: [bagder/curl] 119f43: allow write callbacks to indicate OOM to libcurl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 19:49:57 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 25 Sep 2011, noreply_at_github.com wrote:

> Allow (*curl_write_callback) write callbacks to return
> CURL_WRITEFUNC_OUT_OF_MEMORY to properly indicate libcurl of OOM conditions
> inside the callback itself.

Hi Yang,

I don't think this is necessary feature and I think it sets a bad precedent.
If you do, I would rather that we discuss it here first.

Whatever the reason is for a failure in any callback libcurl calls, that an
application wants passed back to its main loop, can be done already by using
local storage and some additional logic.

I don't see any benefit from libcurl's point of view to know that a callback
returns an error due to out of memory. Do you?