RE: Connection being reused following a cancellation (HTTP)

From: Gary Maxwell <gmaxwell_at_broadsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 13:39:57 -0700

From: Daniel Stenberg

> On Fri, 30 Sep 2011, Vladimir Grishchenko wrote:

> > Ok, I think I have a reproducible case in hand, which of course may be a
> > user error. I'm going to try and attach the example and also copy it here.
> > Look at the end of debug output, I don't know if reflects what is actually
> > happening but it appears that an early cancellation leaves a connection
> > alive despite the fact HTTP headers were already sent out. I see it
> > happening with 7.22.0. Running on Win32.

> Thanks a lot for this. I agree with you that it certainly looks like what you
> describe. I hope to be able look into this very soon.

Is it always the right thing to close the connection if an operation
is cancelled? As the sample indicates, the connection can still be used
for requests after the cancellation, which is what I would actually expect.
If my application supports simultaneous, independent requests to the same
server, I would not want the cancellation of one request to bugger any others.

IMO, it sounds like a "CLOSE_CONNECTION_IF_OPERATION_IS_ABORTED" option is
being solicited.

Cheers,
Gary