Re: use libcurl source files directly rather than link with library

From: Tom Bishop, Wenlin Institute <tangmu_at_wenlin.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 14:08:14 -0700

This is a follow-up to an old thread. I'm happy to report that the instructions given by Adam Light --

        http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2011-05/0147.html

-- work perfectly for our project on Mac OS X, MS-Windows, and Linux (Ubuntu).

(I never did succeed in linking with a static libcurl on Mac OS X, due to the problems reported here:

        http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2011-06/0005.html

That's a moot point, though, as far as I'm concerned, now that we're using the libcurl source files directly.)

Thanks to Adam Light, Daniel Stenberg, and all the libcurl contributors!

Best wishes,

Tom

文林 Wenlin Institute, Inc. Software for Learning Chinese
E-mail: wenlin@wenlin.com Web: http://www.wenlin.com
Telephone: 1-877-4-WENLIN (1-877-493-6546)