Re: Please advise on how to improve libcurl HTTP GET performance

From: Alex <Alexxxx89_at_ya.ru>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 09:49:45 +0400

Thanks for the advices!

To be on the safe side, I've made onDownloadCallback function to do nothing (it doesn't handle the data now, no more using my CByteArray class). Also, I have added CURLOPT_REFERER to point to the site's main page.
No luck - still <40 KB/s. And it's definitely not the CPU that is a bottleneck.

> šIt is worth noting that CURL uses libcurl internally so I would expect the
> šsame performance...

My thought exactly! What am I missing? What is that thing that CURL is doing and my program doesn't?