Re: Please advise on how to improve libcurl HTTP GET performance

From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 23:25:40 -0700

Maybe give this a shot... the command line curl has an option that makes it
spit out c code that you can compile with libcurl. You could do that and
see if you get better performance.

If so, you can try changing things til it goes slow again, or just use that
code as a basis for your code

From http://curl.haxx.se/docs/manpage.html

--libcurl <file>

Append this option to any ordinary curl command line, and you will get a
libcurl-using source code written to the file that does the equivalent of
what your command-line operation does!

NOTE: this does not properly support -F and the sending of multipart
formposts, so in those cases the output program will be missing necessary
calls to curl_formadd(3), and possibly more.

If this option is used several times, the last given file name will be used.
(Added in 7.16.1)