Re: Please advise on how to improve libcurl HTTP GET performance

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 10:37:02 -0700

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 08:39:36PM +0400, Alex wrote:
> I've used the --libcurl option and compiled the resulting .cpp. Guess what?.. Same 35-40 KB/s, whereas Curl gives me ~300 KB/s.
> I only see one explanation: there's something wrong about the way I have compiled libcurl.

A more likely explanation is the way the application handles the data. A
naive append() operation in the receive callback, for example, would turn
a simple download into an O(n**2) operation. Try compiling one of the
libcurl example apps against your libcurl and benchmark your libcurl that
way.

>>> Dan