Re: cert files

From: Tor Arntsen <tor_at_spacetec.no>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 09:26:30 +0200

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 03:17, Jeff Pohlmeyer <yetanothergeek_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 4:00 PM, Perry Smith wrote:
>
>> my question is, where can I store the cacert,perm file so that curl,
>> or libcurl, or openssl can find it automatically.
>
> I don't know anything about AIX but on Linux there is a tool called
> "strace" that can help track down where a program is looking for its
> files.
>
> Maybe AIX has something similar?

AIX uses 'truss'. It works basically like Linux 'strace'. NB: AIX has
its own 'strace', but that's a totally different tool that you
definitely don't want to accidentally execute - if yopu don't know how
to use it you may have to reboot the computer to get rid of it it's
unkillable. It does _not_ trace processes.

-Tor