SMTP Performance of cUrl

From: Nazim Oztahtaci <nazim_oztahtaci_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 10:32:12 +0000

Hello again,

As I have mentioned previously Im working on an smtp module in C. I have provided SSL support and am able to send encrypted emails over TLS on port 587. I have tested different email servers but some of them had problems with SSL certificates so Im using SmarterMail program. The problem is when I send email from the module, it takes around 4-5 seconds to receive "354 Start mail input; end with <CRLF>.<CRLF>" and state goes from RCTP to DATA. My question is if this is a normal time flow? As I have checked previous messages on the mail group, people had speed problems about POST but they were related to their server or network configurations. Am I facing a similar problem or is this a usual case for cUrl?

P.S: I use a simple MIME header and an attachment with 2Kb in the mail.

Best regards,

Nazim