Re: questions regarding libcurl's multi interface

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 00:25:26 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 19 Oct 2011, Jonathon wrote:

> it looks like the multi interface model simply executes several easy-handles
> in parallel.

correct

> 1) Will the multi interface model *always* initiate one connection per easy
> handle? Meaning, if all my easy handles need to make a connection to the
> same server (same exact URL), will it initiate a new connection for each
> one?

Yes, one connection for each easy handle you add to the multi handle, unless
you enable pipelining.

> 2) Is there a way to use the multi interface with several easy handles, but
> have them all share the same connection?

With HTTP that would only be possible with HTTP pipelining so you'd need to
enable that. The question seems a bit strange though. Why would you add a lot
of handles and have them use the same connection?

> 3) How would I use the multi interface to keep the connections for my easy
> handles alive?

I'm afraid I don't understand the question. In what way would the multi
interface affect how your connections are alive or not?