Re: multi interface is broken with active FTP connection

From: Gokhan Sengun <gokhansengun_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 02:54:53 +0300

> On Fri, 21 Oct 2011, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>
> I'm working on the correct fix.
>>

> I've just committed the fix that corrected the problem in my tests:

Many thanks for the prompt response! Really appreciated!

What about setting the timeouts which are fed to "select" calls quite big in
the automated test sources? They may be like 10 minutes or so or even NULL
to cause indefinete blocking in the calling thread therefore make the
problem easily recognizable. This could reveal potentially existing cases
like this and hopefully prevent occurences in the future.

Based on my relatively poor understanding with the multi API, it appears to
me that we may use "curl_multi_timeout" to query a valid timeout, if there
is none [ when returned timeout is a -1 ], we may provide a NULL to "select"
call as the timeout to catch the problem.

Thanks again!

--
it is twice as difficult to debug a program as to write it. Therefore, if
you put all of your creativity and effort into writing the program, you are