Re: batched write without control over future data availability

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 10:48:18 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 23 Oct 2011, Candid Shot wrote:

> We have multiple threads, and started with a curl_easy handle in each
> thread.
>
> And then tried to return a CURLPAUSE_* when we ran out of data, on a per
> thread basis.
>
> But the tread essentially froze (i.e. looping somewhere , and never coming
> out of curl_easy_perform).

When you've paused a transfer, how do you unpause it again? I can basically
only think of using the progress callback for that as basically nothing else
will offer you control...

> Looking at call sequence, curl_easy_perform --> curl_perform() -->
> curl_do_perform(),  I am not sure if we could come out of the infinite for
> loop in curl_do_perform().

You've paused the transfer so there's not a lot that _can_ happen apart from
the progress callback. Of course it can reach a timeout...