Re: multi interface is broken with active FTP connection

From: Gokhan Sengun <gokhansengun_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 11:17:29 +0300

> We wouldn't want a hang in case of failures, and I much rather prefer it to
> wait for say 5 seconds and then consider a timeout to be a lethal failure
> and bail out with an error...
>
> Test 525 should be possible to rewrite to do this, and quite likely can
> other multi interface using tests.

That also sounds quite well but in any case, I believe curl_multi_timeout
should be used and a default timeout [ 5 seconds ] should only be
incorporated when this function returns -1. This would ensure
curl_multi_timeout functionality too.

--
it is twice as difficult to debug a program as to write it. Therefore, if
you put all of your creativity and effort into writing the program, you are