RE: Question on openldap to curl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 09:16:47 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 25 Oct 2011, Kalju Kaik wrote:

> Are there any better instructions to linking ldap to curl, I am an
> application programmer tasked to get ldap working in aix. Linux has this
> already done so sorry for the dumb question.

To get your curl version built and linked to support ldap, you need to rebuild
it from source. That's what the page I referred you to explains. That's what
the packagers of Linux packages have done, and what the person who made your
binary AIX package did.

You will then also need devel packages for all other depedencies you want your
curl build to use, like SSL library, libz, etc.

> See http://curl.haxx.se/docs/install.html

If this isn't good enough, please ask specific questions of what you want to
know.