Re: multi interface is broken with active FTP connection

From: Gokhan Sengun <gokhansengun_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 00:31:29 +0300

> Right, I can see how it happens. Can you try with this little patch and see
> if we can fix the gap when DO_MORE is entered until the FTP's state machine
> is re-started. I believe that gap is when this timeout occurs...

Thanks Daniel!

Your patch seems to be correcting the issue. However, the patch means
implicitly calling curl_multi_perform therefore blocking the thread although
it had the opportunity to take a breath and could give the calling thread
broad opportunities [ either to continue processing with the current FTP
connection or do some other useful work in a timely manner ].

So I would much prefer [ if possible of course ], looking for _writability_
on the control connection with "select" call to call curl_multi_perform
instead of triggering the state machine by setting CURLM_CALL_MULTI_PERFORM.

Regards