RE: FTPS Attempt Not Using SSL

From: SuperWare Support <thesupermanager_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 21:36:36 -0400

I figured it out. I took the vc6libcurl.dsw and vc6libcurl.dsp files and
opened them in Visual Studio 2003, which converted them into vc6libcurl.sln
and vc6libcurl.vcproj respectively. When it did, it added the following
preprocessor definitions to every source file in the settings:

WIN32;_DEBUG;BUILDING_LIBCURL; $(NoInherit)

This made it so when I added the USE_SSLEAY and USE_OPENSSL preprocessor
definitions that it didn't get propagated to each of the source files when
it compiled them. Therefore, SSL was never added. As soon as I cleared
those out so that it used the default preprocessor directives for the
project it worked. Do you want me to send you the .sln and .vcproj files so
that other users don't run into this problem?

Thanks,
David

David Johns
SuperManager Support