Re: problem with NTLM and GSS Negotiate

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 23:31:30 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 28 Oct 2011, Rene Bernhardt wrote:

> I think that I found a bug in the handling of proxy authentication methods.
> If a proxy ( in our case a Microsoft ISA ) offers several Authentication
> schemes where NTML and Negotiate are offered by the proxy and you tell
> libcurl not to use the Negotiate scheme then the request never returns when
> the proxy answers with its HTTP 407 reply.

Thanks a lot for your research and patch.

You did violate several code rules in your patch though, so I've attached my
cleaned up version of your fix.

I would love if someone using Negotiate could try it out and comment it before
we run with it, as I don't. I'll also try to write up a test case that repeats
the bug on the unpatched code to make me more certain the fix is the right
one.