File scheme: read directory

From: Patrick Monnerat <Patrick.Monnerat_at_datasphere.ch>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 18:05:05 +0100

I'm planning to replace an FTP access via libCurl by an NFS access
(still via libCurl, to reduce source changes). Unfortunately, my
application uses FTP to list the content of a directory and this
operation is impossible yet with the file:// scheme.

Is this just a missing feature ? Or is this "by design" for some
security/compatibility/standard reason ? I searched through the archives
for a previous talk about the same subject, without success.

Mmmm well, I'm quite busy these times, but if this feature is not
"banned out", I'll do my best to investigate...

Cheers,
Patrick