Re: SSL session sharing support added to curl_share_setopt()

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 13:36:59 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 10 Nov 2011, Leonid Yurchenko wrote:

> I'm interested in this new feature, so I explored it a bit in the current
> sources on the git. And I noticed that there is no sharing of sessionage
> that each easy handle stores (not easy handle directly, but UrlState that it
> owns). So each easy handle counts it's own session age and in a result ages
> in a shared sessions pool may be inconsistent, and removal of oldest may
> work incorrect.
>
> Is this a bug, or there is something I am missing about session ages and it
> works correctly?

Unfortunately this is what happens when we don't have test cases for a feature
we add, and I was a bit weak and let this feature in before anyone contributed
any tests. Now, I suspect nobody will provide any tests (since the feature is
already there and writing tests is boring work) and we will instead rely on
real-life tests by users... :-(

But yes, it sounds like a bug. It'd help if you wrote up a sample code showing
the problem or perhaps just wrote a patch that fixes it. As we haven't
released any code with this feature, and the author of the feature didn't
sound as if he's even using the git version of this feature, we don't really
know if it works at all!