help: libCURL with epoll

From: Kopparapu, Sangeeta (GE Healthcare, consultant) <Sangeeta.Kopparapu_at_ge.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 15:24:37 -0500

My requirement is to download multiple small files (sizes starting from
1KB and maximum of 200KB)) from a server (same) using HTTP protocol. I
have used libCURL easy interface to download files but performance is
not as expected. I also tried with curl_multi_perform (followed the
example 10-at-a-time.c). But no gain in performance. So, now, I wanted
to use libCURL hiper (curl_multi_socket* function) to achieve this. I
have seen the examples that have come with libCURL source code to get
overview on how to use libCURL library. But they are all making use of
3rd party libraries(libevent, libev..etc.) and so have some imact on
overall performance (which is also mentioned in
http://curl.haxx.se/dev/readme-multi_socket.html). I wanted to use epoll
to get maximum performance (read the link:
http://devblog.seomoz.org/2011/02/high-performance-libcurl-tips/ and so
eager to see that type of numbers in my application as well). Any help
(like providing some sample or some light) towards achieving this is
greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your time and reply.