lib panic when multi-threading

From: Woods <woods.biz_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 23:37:43 +0800

Dear all,

I am using about 200 threads to request 100,000 different HTTP as well
as HTTPS urls at a various request rates.
I notices, when the request rate increases to over 100 requests per
seconds, my application becomes easy to crash after 20,000 requests.
However, the dumped crashing information is like :

*** glibc detected *** ./MyAPP: corrupted double-linked list: 0x6fd0c1a0 ***
======= Backtrace: =========
/lib/libc.so.6[0x5f77ca]
/lib/libc.so.6(cfree+0x59)[0x5f7b09]
/lib/libcrypto.so.6(CRYPTO_free+0x3a)[0xd06a9a]
/lib/libcrypto.so.6(ERR_clear_error+0x7a)[0xd03c1a]
./MyAPP[0x806a063]
./MyAPP[0x806a46d]
./MyAPP[0x8056905]
./MyAPP[0x805b5c0]
./MyAPP[0x80603d6]
./MyAPP[0x8061314]
./MyAPP[0x8062b91]
./MyAPP[0x807090e]
./MyAPP[0x804e0b5]
./MyAPP[0x804da82]
./MyAPP[0x804dbed]
/lib/libpthread.so.0[0x6f5832]
/lib/libc.so.6(clone+0x5e)[0x66046e]

For testing, If I replace the easy_perform() command with a sleep 1.5
second operation, my application can run smoothly.
I wish to find out is this a known issue if libcurl, under multiple
threading and high request rate. Or I do not use libcurl in proper
way?

Thank you.

--
Woods