Re: Support for GnuTLS/nettle

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 13:27:17 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 15 Nov 2011, Martin Storsjö wrote:

> The attached patch adds replacement code for using crypto routines from
> nettle instead of gcrypt, which passes all tests that "make test" runs here.

Nice job!

> The big question that remains, however, is how to detect this setup - the
> current gnutls+gcrypt check in configure simply checks that we can link to
> gcrypt.

The check for gcrypt explicitly is actually there for a reason. We rely on
gcrypt for the NTLM code when GnuTLS is used. So unless you modified that part
of the code, you actually need both nettle and gcrypt for the moment.

Once add support to the NTLM code to use nettle instead, we could probably use
the GnuTLS version as a way to tell which crypto layer to check for first
(nettle, gcrypt) and if the primary fails we can check for the other.