RE: socket error with NTLM auth proxy and multi interface

From: Pingzhong Li <PLi_at_fiberlink.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 16:43:27 -0500

>> Daniel Stenberg wrote:

>>I'm reluctant to change this without a proper test case that first proves that this is an actual problem.
Sorry, I wanted to run the code to understand more, however the NTLM auth proxy setup at my company was changed and I could not get it working. So I am still in the process of sorting that out.

>>If the application uses the easy or the multi interface for this shouldn't matter and adding a check for it seems like the wrong thing to me.
The reason why I do so is that I am trying to make sure that I won't break the NTLM for easy interface since easy interface has been working for us for couple years. It is just recently we found out that it is not completely working on multi interface. It might be due to the way we are using the multi interface.

I will try to create a simple test case to see if I could reproduce the issue and report back with that test case.

Thanks,
Pingzhong

Fiberlink Disclaimer: The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.