Re: query part for non-HTTP(S) URLs

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 22:59:07 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 21 Nov 2011, Jonas Schnelli wrote:

> I have a much better feeling when the cut off is only on the file proto.

Why? What about FTP(S), IMAP(S), POP3(S), TELNET and SMTP(S)? I think we're
pretty sure that they don't use the query part. I would think RTMP also don't,
but we can let the ones we're unsure of remain untouched.

IMHO, just fixing it for file is a bit half-baked. I would prefer to have a
dedicated bit for this set in the protocol handler struct and then have the
cutting getting done in the generic URL handler for the particular protocols.

In addition to LDAP as mentioned by Gunter I now also suspect that GOPHER
might be able to use the query part and RTSP being very HTTPish probably can
too.

Of course, the most important URL formats to fix this for are probably the
ones that can be used in browsers. That would basically mean FILE and FTP.

> But the file:// test space 200 - 299 seams to be "completely booked".
> Should i add more test in the miscellaneous space?

Yes, please. We add new tests in the 1200-1299 range atm.