RE: Problem with Curl_pop3_write() when data is received over multiple packets

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 20:08:11 +0000

Hi Guys,

> You could try extracting the re-working I did of the pop3 un-stuffing
state
> machine reported here in July:
> <http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.curl.library/32284>
> and see if that fixes the problem.

Cheers Graham - unfortunately due to problems with Outlook's Hotmail
connector today I missed your email until just now as I'm about to email my
patch out :(

I will take a look at your changes over the weekend to see how they differ
to mine and see if I can integrate some of your other changes into libcurl
(Especially the support for the DELE command).

Meanwhile, I have attached a patch for the problem I reported yesterday. I
still haven't managed to get the test cases up and running so haven't be
able to test against those yet. As such I would appreciate it if Daniel, Dan
F or anyone else who has the ability can run my patch against Test 811 with
the SLOWDOWN command would be so kind to do the honours.

However, I have tested it against real life situations, with my Exchange
Server, using the LIST command as well as the RETR command on several emails
- all varying in size. For example: 2941 bytes, 810 bytes, 3627 bytes, 15929
bytes, 13122 bytes and 14988 bytes (These sizes exclude the 5 bytes for the
eob). I'm not sure what Exchange Server is doing but the last three all
showed this problem of the eob being received over two packets even though
their sizes differ somewhat.

Any feedback or comments always welcome.

Kind Regards

Steve