Re: scp and unknown upload length

From: Maule Mark <mark_maule_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 10:53:31 -0800 (PST)

I did try setting a large size and it did seem to work to upload a shorter file.  But I want to ensure I'm not setting myself up for future failure, so was looking for a definitive answer. Thanks Mark >________________________________ > From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> >To: Maule Mark <mark_maule_at_yahoo.com>; libcurl development <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se> >Sent: Monday, November 28, 2011 12:50 PM >Subject: Re: scp and unknown upload length > >On Mon, 28 Nov 2011, Maule Mark wrote: > >> I've got a little uploader program which reads from stdin and uploads to a host using libcurl.  I'm currently using ftp: as the transport and it works great.  However, not all of our upload targets enable ftp service, so I'd prefer to use scp:.  Is is possible to upload a file of unknown length with the scp: service?  If I set CURLOPT_INFILESIZE to some large value and transfer less than that, will things work out okay? > >I don't remember exactly but why don't you try it and see for yourself? > >-- >/ daniel.haxx.se > >