RE: help: libCURL with epoll

From: Kopparapu, Sangeeta (GE Healthcare, consultant) <Sangeeta.Kopparapu_at_ge.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 16:37:12 -0500

> >When I run profiler, I noticed that libCURL is invoking poll method
>> which is quite surprising to me, because I am using epoll to poll the

>> sockets and I did not expect this call.

>Maybe it is about time you presented an example code for us that shows
us what your code does. This makes it sound as if you're not using
libcurl the way you should for best performance.

I am sorry for multiple emails. Is there a way to share the code other
than attaching code to the email?I followed the link
http://curl.haxx.se/mail/etiquette.html to know the procedure to share
the code. But there is nothing related to this. Please suggest.

PFA image for the graph generated when I run profiler on my sample code.
I also ran the profiler on hiperfifo.c code and saw the same error with
this code also. I just replaced thread-unsafe libevent function calls
with thread-safe calls in hiperfifo.c. PFA hiperfifo.c source. C-ares
version: 1.7.5 and lib curl version is:7.21.7. I built libCURL with the
configuration settings: --enable-ares --enable-debug --disable-optimize.