RE: Problem with Curl_pop3_write() when data is received over multiple packets

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 23:09:13 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 28 Nov 2011, Steve Holme wrote:

> I have however, included an updated patch that fixes the issue I mentioned
> earlier, which I have enclosed.

Sorry, it didn't work either.

I did however write up my own take at fixing this, and I've attached my patch
to this mail. It includes a modification of test case 810 that I used to
verify my fix. All the other POP3 tests still run fine for me, but I will
appreciate feedback on how it works for others or just comments/nits on the
code.

As you will see in the code, I added a state machine that will increase the
eob counter as long as it keeps matching the correct body data. I guess a next
step (once this has been committed) will be to make the necessary fixes so
that test case 811 (LIST with no mails to list) will run as well...