10-at-a-time.c libcurl example - limitations?

From: Matthew Ford <ford_at_isoc.org>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 11:02:54 +0000

Hi,

I'm trying to build on the 10-at-a-time.c example code (http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/10-at-a-time.html) to write a small utility that reads in a bunch of hostnames from a file and tries to connect to them using the multi interface.

I'm finding that this works fine up to a little over 1000 hostnames, and thereafter I get output, but there is no actual connection taking place behind the scenes.

Is there an obvious reason for this limit either in the example code, or some aspect of the way libcurl is built?

Thanks,
Mat