Re: Static winbuild with SSL broken

From: Martin Storsjö <martin_at_martin.st>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 09:05:30 +0200 (EET)

On Tue, 6 Dec 2011, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Dec 2011, Ward Willats wrote:
>
>> SSL_LIBS = libeay32.lib ssleay32.lib gdi32.lib user32.lib advapi32.lib
>>
>> ..to satisfy some questionable dependencies in the fatal error handling in
>> openssl 1.0.0e when linking curl.exe.
>
> So openssl 1.0.0e suddenly requires _three_ more libs to be used?
>
> I'd appreciate a comment or two from someone actually using Windows about
> this suggested change and its impact.

As far as I know, these libraries are only needed if you link openssl
statically, otherwise the DLL links to them and curl doesn't need to know
about it.

The impact shouldn't be that big - if the libraries aren't available on
the system, a DLL build wouldn't run either, so they essentially doesn't
add any extra dependency.

// Martin