CONNECT-test: idea for someone interested in joining in

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 00:29:16 +0100 (CET)

Hi

If you want to help out the project but have no good idea where you can do
real use, I have a suggestion:

Make the HTTP test server act as a true proxy when serving a CONNECT request.
It would need to detect that CONNECT is used, and then open a connection to a
another host+port and relay TCP between the client and the remote host.

We really need this so that we can add tests to verify that tunnelling all
protocols over a HTTP proxy works. I broke the http tunneling badly at some
point and only fixed it the other day, and it is really not good when
something can break that much without it being noticed by any test...

Any taker?