Re: Converting blocking parts in establishing active FTP connection

From: Gokhan Sengun <gokhansengun_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 00:07:41 +0200

> server sends 150 afterwards sends 4xx meaning it was not able to connect
>> to the client because of an internal error. In this case what error code
>> should be used? A new error code like CURLE_SERVER_FAILED_TO_CONNECT orr
>> CURLE_FTP_COULDNT_RETR_FILE or CURLE_FTP_COULDNT_STOR_FILE.
>>

> How about CURLE_FTP_PORT_FAILED ?

My impression was that CURLE_FTP_PORT_FAILED is currently set whenever
client has internal problems to create a socket, bind it to a port, etc. I
thought it could be better if server errors are signified with a different
error because in the case described, PORT command actually succeeds but the
transfer command following it fails.