Re: HTTP Authentication failed!!

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 08:21:51 -0800

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 07:11:18PM +0800, ภ่ะกปิ wrote:
> I want to play Internet video whose url is
> "http://etele:Xdr56tFc@89.147.64.204:8888/RtlKlub". I have
> used curl_easy_setopt set CURLOPT_URL to http://89.147.64.204:8888/RtlKl, use
> CURLOPT_USERPWD set the username and password as etele:Xdr56tFc,and used
> "curl_easy_setopt(easyhandle, CURLOPT_HTTPAUTH, CURLAUTH_ANY)" set the
> authentication method. As a result it can't play the video, and debug info
> is "HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden" . My platform is Linux .

Try enabling debug logging to try to get more information. The WWW-Authenticate
header from the server will tell you which authentication methods are allowed,
then compare that to what methods are enabled in your libcurl binary.

> We shall appreciate any help you can give me. Please give me a example about
> the problem.Thank you very much!

It would work much better if you gave us an example of the problem. The more
relevant information you post, the better a chance we'll have of helping.
The debug log would be a great start!

>>> Dan