RE: Cancelling Mail Request

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 10:00:47 +0000

Hi Nazim,

> In my Smtp module, I send email requests recursively but randomly
> I would like to send Cancel mail request so if there is any email
> request which is being processed by cUrl, that should be cancelled
> and not delivered to Mail server. I have implemented a solution and
> I remove the handler in the middle of process but still in mail server,
> I receive empty emails because some header data is being sent by
> cUrl anyway. Is there any way in cUrl to cancel one mail request
> using smtp services? Kind of a clean up message or request which
> can be sent to Mail server by cUrl so we dont even receive an empty
> email.

You should be able to return CURL_READFUNC_ABORT in your read function.

If my understanding of the connection layer is correct this should close
down the connection but not send the QUIT command to the server. As such,
the server should then ignore any header / body content that may have been
sent to it.

Kind Regards

Steve