Re: correlating changelog entries to bugtracker issues

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 16:23:23 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 19 Dec 2011, Frank Meier wrote:

> ah I see, the changelog at http://curl.haxx.se/changes.html is like the
> RELEASE-NOTES file and doesn't have this info, but the CHANGES file in the
> sources does.

Indeed. There's one human edited "brief overview" (RELEASE-NOTES) and one more
converted-from-git detailed version (CHANGES).

When we release, I bascially paste in the RELEASE-NOTES file into
changes.html.

> Would be nice if it was possible to include a bugId in the changes.html
> though.

I can't disagree with that. For that to work smoothly, I'll have to record and
store the bug references in RELEASE-NOTES too, but I don't think that would be
a bad idea either other than perhaps that it would make it slightly harder to
read.

I'll try to include this info from now on. If it works out too much work or
too tedious or whatever then I can always just stop doing it.