Re: Use libcurl to post image to facebook

From: Roel Deckers <r.deckers.93_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 08:33:40 +0100

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 2:13 AM, alex <alex_at_banh.dyndns.org> wrote:>
Hi all,>> I am trying to implement simple posting of picture to
facebook using> libcurl (and some other libraries if needed). I wonder
if anyone here> attempted before?>
You'll definitely need other libraries, facebook (and twitter, and
soon tumblr, an probably more) use Oauth.
Oauth requires you to generate a unique numbers, send a hash along
side it and handle redirects.
As far as I know, libcurl can be made to handle all `internet-thingies'.
If you're just starting libcurl I would suggest first trying to post a
picture to tumblr, there api v1 doesn't use Oauth and is wel
documented. One way to go about it is to use libOAuth, which in turn
uses libcurl, and can also do the rest of the OAuth procces.
There are many libraries listed at
https://dev.twitter.com/docs/twitter-libraries while this is not
facebook, twitter does use OAuth, so perhaps these libraries can still
be useful to you.

Cheers,
R.D.