RE: Downloading unlimited file. Some clarification please.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 16:41:10 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 3 Jan 2012, Fadi Kahhaleh wrote:

> the buffer size I usually receive (taken from a log file i write to) are
> similiar to:
> 10291
> 3155
> 9304

libcurl calls your callback as soon as it has data to deliver, so this just
means you're not getting the full 16K buffers at any time.

> but sometimes i get 383376459

Really? That's not a value libcurl would ever pass in so if you truly get that
libcurl has gone bezerk at that point.

> would you say that getting small chunks is normal?

Sure, if you get little data there will be small chunks.