RE: The FTP problem that turns out to be SFTP

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 09:28:38 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 9 Jan 2012, Michael Lam wrote:

> * Connection #0 to host sfcadevftp01 left intact
> curl: (79) Upload failed: Operation failed (4/-31)
> * Closing connection #0
> Errorlevel: 79
>
> It didn't tell me much.

But it told us everything! :-)

The final 79 there is the exit/return code you said was 0. Or did I
misunderstand?

> Also, it's still a mystery to me what Operation failed (4/-31) means.

The numbers are basically there only to allow someone to read the code and
figure out exactly what the error codes were internally. I think you can call
it debug code and we should probably remove them from non-debug builds.