static libcurl warnings

From: Arthur Murray <amurrayfsf_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 11:29:40 -0800

Compiling my linux static app against a static libcurl results in:

libcurl.a(netrc.o): In function `Curl_parsenetrc':
netrc.c:(.text+0x3af): warning: Using 'getpwuid' in statically linked
applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc
version used for linking

libcurl.a(curl_addrinfo.o): In function `Curl_getaddrinfo_ex':
curl_addrinfo.c:(.text+0x30e): warning: Using 'getaddrinfo' in
statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared
libraries from the glibc version used for linking

I use libcurl compiled with c-ares. Is there anything I should be
doing to get rid of the causes of these warnings so the binary is
portable? I know they are only warnings, but are non-portable
getpwuid and getaddrinfo absolutely necessary?