RE: cUrl and challenge-response authentication (NTLM)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 22:23:54 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 12 Jan 2012, Yehezkel Horowitz wrote:

> I'll try to start looking at the code and will send the patch when I'll get
> it stable and working (it will take me some time, but I hope I'll be able to
> perform this task).
>
> But before I'll start, I want to know that you have the intention to adopt
> my work into cUrl.

I can't guarantee it blindly, but if it is made in a good way and there's no
objections from others whose opinions within the project I value highly then I
certainly will.

> Finally, if you have any ideas about pitfalls I can avoid from or any other
> advice, I'll be happy to read them in advance.

My advice would simply be to build with "configure --enable-debug", follow our
code style, make it compile without warnings and write test cases that verify
the new funtionality while still making sure all the existing test cases still
run fine.

Basically what's said here: http://curl.haxx.se/dev/contribute.html