Re: libcurl vs wininet : how to tell (specify to) libcurl the amount (CHUNK) of data to download (CHUNK)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 17:13:24 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 14 Jan 2012, Saidus Bounderra wrote:

> I'm asking on how to specify or modify the defaut receive buffer size which
> is CURL_MAX_WRITE_SIZE.

Can you elaborate on why you need this?

The only way to change this is to modify the header value in the code and
recompile. It's just very rarely actually needed. Most of the times we get
questions about it, there's some kind of misunderstanding behind it.

> even if I chage the CURL_MAX_WRITE_SIZE value with value *> 16384 * and
> recompile the libcurl It Dont work

Yes it does. You probably simply modified the wrong header or something. The
CURL_MAX_WRITE_SIZE define is the single place that defines the buffer size
libcurl uses. But again, there very rarely is a good reason to change it.