Re: Request for source file name changes

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 22:13:13 +0100

2012/1/26 Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Jan 2012, Patrick Monnerat wrote:
>
>> Renaming
>> - http_negotiate_sspi.c --> http_sspi.c
>> - curl_ntlm_xxx.c --> ntlm_xxx.c
>> - plus eventually associated .h files to keep a coherent naming scheme
>> (although not needed by OS400)
>

> I think these are harmless renames that won't be a problem for non-OS400
> hosts.

My objection for the renaming is due to that it is requested in order
to circumvent limitations that existing build procedure has in
libcurl's port for a given platform.

My feeling is that, if it is possible, the build procedure should be
'fixed' in order to not impose limitations on the project. If,
technically speaking, the port build procedure can not be fixed then
it would be more palatable to enforce this limitation, for ever, on
the project as a whole.

--
-=[Yang]=-